- AMP Digital
- 18 May 2020
Social Media MarketingSocial media is the term commonly given to Internet and mobile-based channels and tools that allow users to interact with each other and share opinions and content.
As the name implies, social media involves the building of communities or networks and encouraging participation and engagement.
Social media marketing (SMM) refers to techniques that target social networks and applications to spread brand awareness or promote particular products. Social media marketing campaigns usually center around:
- Establishing a social media presence on major platforms
- Creating shareable content and advertorials
- Cultivating customer feedback throughout the campaign through surveys and contests
Social media marketing is perceived as a more targeted type of advertising and is therefore believed to be very effective in creating brand awareness.
Social Media Marketing became more common with the increased popularity of websites such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Importance of Social Media Marketing in Business
Social media is becoming one of the most important aspects of digital marketing which provides incredible benefits by reaching millions of customers worldwide. They help you to connect with the customers, increase your brand awareness, and boost your leads and sales.
I have listed below few importance of Social Media Marketing in Business:-
- Cost-Effective - As anyone can do social media marketing even with investing huge cost, it is possibly the most cost-effective way for an advertising strategy. You can create an account and sign up for free on almost all social networking platforms.
- Engaging Customers - One of the best reasons for your business to be marketing through social media is that your customers are already spending time on these platforms. It is a good way to engage and interact with customers on a personal level.
- Improves Brand Loyalty - Having a social media presence makes it easier for your customers to find you and connect with you. This will help in improving customer retention and customer loyalty.
- Increases Traffic - One of the major benefits of social media is that it helps to increase your website traffic.The more quality content you share on your social account, the more inbound traffic you will generate while making conversion opportunities.
What are the best strategies for social media marketing?With more than three billion people now using social media every single day, it’s important to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to your brand or client’s social media activities.
Below i have listed some strategies to follow in order to increase your presence on social media -
- Establish a clear focused vision
Every piece of your social media strategy serves the goals you set. You simply can’t move forward without knowing what you’re working toward.
Having too many goals distracts you and you’ll end up achieving none.
2. Create and Prioritize Goals
Goals aren’t terribly useful if you don’t have specific parameters that define when each is achieved.
Marketing objectives define how you get from Point A (an unfulfilled goal) to Point B (a successfully fulfilled goal). You can determine your objectives with the S-M-A-R-T approach: Make your objectives specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound.
3. Determine prospects and customer personas
Buyer personas help you define and target the right people, in the right places, at the right times with the right messages.
When you know your target audience’s age, occupation, income, interests, pains, problems, obstacles, habits, likes, dislikes, motivations and objections, then it’s easier and cheaper to target them on social or any other media.
4. Develop tactics to achieve your target
If your prospects or customers tell you they spend 40% of their online time on Facebook and 20% on Twitter, you know which primary and secondary social networks you should focus on.
When your customers are using a specific network, that’s where you need to be—not everywhere else.
Your tactics for each social channel rely on your goals and objectives, as well as the best practices of each platform.
5. Plan and create Content
Content and social media have a symbiotic relationship: Without great content social media is meaningless and without social media nobody will know about your content. Use them together to reach and convert your prospects.
6. Resource allocated to achieve goals
Make a comprehensive list of the tools you need (e.g., social media monitoring, email marketing and CRM), services you’ll outsource (e.g., graphic design or video production) and any advertising you’ll purchase. Next to each, include the annual projected cost so you can have a high-level view of what you’re investing in and how it affects your marketing budget.
7. Measure and Modify the result
Your social media marketing strategy isn’t written in stone. As you move forward, you may discover that some tactics are not working as well as you thought they would. Always try to adapt quickly and introduce the new changes to your overall strategy.
What do you think? Do you have a clear social media strategy?. I would love to hear your thoughts, questions or comments on this process. Please leave them in the comment section below!